Account Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy
(Together called the "CCIS Conditions and Policies")
When you open an account with us, you agree to the prevailing CCIS Conditions and Policies governing your account. The current CCIS Conditions and Policies apply regardless of when you opened your account and you should review the CCIS Conditions and Policies on our website frequently to ensure your account use is in compliance. Your continued use of your account signifies acceptance of any changes to the CCIS Conditions and Policies.
Use of Your CCIS Account (Section 1)
- You are responsible for all usage charges applicable to your account.
- Your account is for Internet access only. Servers are not permitted. Open access Wireless Routers are not permitted. You may not resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the Premises the ability to use the Service (i.e. wireless or wired networks). From time to time our service technicians patrol our coverage area, if an Open Access wireless router is discovered, the offending connection is turned off without notice until such time as the wireless signal is secured.
- Your account provides Internet access which may include content that is for mature audiences only and which you may find offensive. You are responsible for monitoring, regulating and/or prohibiting use of your account by minors.
- You may only use your account for lawful purposes. You must comply with all applicable laws and it is your sole responsibility to become familiar with and to comply with all laws that might relate to use of your account. Spamming, hacking and attempting to gain access to restricted sites or computers whether within the CCIS network or outside of it is not permitted. Also not permitted is use of your account to transfer copyrighted, illegal or otherwise prohibited material.
- CCIS reserves the right to remove any material from any of its computers or networks at any time.
- Email is for personal or business correspondence only. Spam is strictly prohibited and violators will have their accounts terminated (spam is unsolicited email sent to one or more addresses, regardless of how the addresses were obtained).
- CCIS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. CCIS also reserves the right to cancel any account at any time for non-compliance with the CCIS Conditions and Policies or for any other reason whatsoever without giving prior notice of intention to do so.
- The technical support staff at CCIS is here to help you. They will help get your computer connected to the Net but cannot be responsible for hardware or software malfunctions or damage caused by computer viruses. In such cases, our technical support staff will refer you to outside sources for assistance.
Billing Policy (Section 2)
- All invoices are due 14 days from invoice date. The billing cycle starts at the first of every month.
- It is the Customer's responsibility to notify China Creek of any errors in billing, changes in billing address. All payments on account may be verified prior to crediting. NSF cheques will result in a $20 service charge.
- Cancellation of your account must be done in writing via regular mail, fax, or email to 'email@example.com'. No phone cancellations will be accepted. Cancellation must be made by the named owner of the account 14 days prior to the next billing cycle. If you fail to notify us of cancellation as stated above, you will be responsible for all access fees until the date of cancellation, whether or not the service was used.
- There will be no refunds on monthly or other accounts regardless of when cancelled. Annual accounts that are cancelled will be entitled to a prorated refund based on months used calculated using the applicable monthly (not annual) rate.
- Accounts with a balance over 30 days may be automatically disabled until payment is received in our office. There is no credit for unused time if an account is disabled for delinquency. A setup fee may be required to reinstate the account. Accounts will not be reinstated until payment of delinquent and current fees is received in our office.
- Subscriptions are automatically renewed each billing cycle unless cancelled in writing, by E-mail, or by fax with a minimum of 14 days notice.
- A late fee of 1.5% per month will be applied to invoices left unpaid 30 days or more from the statement date.
- Accounts 90 days overdue may be sent to a collection agency
- Information collected by CCIS from it's customers will not be given to any third parties. CCIS will keep information as needed to help with support issues and so that we can contact you as needed, regarding the status of your account. We will not sell, or knowingly share your contact information or any other information with anyone else, unless required to do so by authorized law enforcement officials, or a accredited collection agency.
No Warranty or Responsibility for Damages (Section 4)
CCIS makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. CCIS expressly disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use of your account is at your sole risk. Under no circumstances will CCIS be liable for any damage you may suffer from your use or inability to use your account. This includes, but is not limited to, damage from:
- Loss of data, delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions or computer viruses;
- The content or accuracy of any information, data or software viewed, downloaded, or transmitted to or from the Internet;
- Viewing, downloading, purchasing or by any other means acquiring, any material, product or service accessible through the Internet, even if you were not aware that any such loss would be incurred.